6.13.2010

Recent Bizzle

Well here's the last few weeks (pictures will be added later):

We drove (with out stopping at a hotel) out to Missouri to see the WONDERFUL parents who live there in Gallatin. We brought our doggies and they absolutely LOVED every minute. I cannot even tell you how nice it was to wake up with them right in our room and have them expierence all the rabbit, frog, and rodent chasing. I was so so so so so SOOOO Happy!! I love them so much.

We headed to Iowa City to our hotel and it was GORSSAGE. YUCKAGE. EWEAGE. I'll spare you the details, but I'd NEVER recommend a Travelodge to ANYONE. For 100$ we stayed there three nights with our doggies...but I'd rather spend the extra 50$ to get a nicer place!

We went to Iowa to see my FABOULOUS cousins who live in Coralville!! (about 5 mins from Iowa City in case you care..) Oh how I love them. I was so sad to leave...(tear). :( Miss you Brad and Eve!!

As we were packing to head home, I was talking about how nice it would be to go to a nicer hotel for one night and take our time getting home. And that comment started this:
Emil: Can we just go straight home?
Caroline: Not me, I love being away! It's been fun, I'm enjoying the time.
Emil: Well me too, but after this place I really wanna get to our home and nice bed.
Caroline: It's a 19hr drive, without stops. NO thank you.
Emil:...Well I REALLY think we should just go home.
Caroline: Well then you can drive the WHOLE way. :P
Emil: Um, what kind of compromise is that?! I'll tell ya, not a good one.
(Cue both of us laughing..)
Emil: I have a better one. I'll get you a purse if we can go straight home. What do you say?
Caroline: What?! You'll get me a PURSE?? YAY!!!
(Cue hugs and jumping and kisses)
Caroline: Deal!
Emil: Sweet!! Let's get going!

This amuses me especially writing it all and looking back.

Somewhere in Nebraska, the gas light went on and according the the fun green sign on the interstate, we had 19 more miles to go before a fill up=WHAT?!?!?! We get off the next exit, say a prayer and continue praying...and we drive 10miles with the gas light on before we pull into a gas station. What a blessing!!

We also hit major rain and thunder storms in Nebraska and Wyoming that almost killed us...But we made it home.

We really loved our visit and we are so thankful we had the means to make it happen.

p.s......



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hair...I would.

I love how you both are always laughing together. You two laugh with each other more than any other couple I know and I wish that one day I have that, too. You are such good examples of how awesome marriage can be.

Anne said...

You are beautiful! Always!! It really impresses me how good you look no matter what you wear or how your hair is or WHAT. You are just beautiful. So there.

And I agree with Rachel, of course. It makes me happy just thinking about you two. I am glad that you enjoyed the trip and survived the drive home (we have had the same low on gas and psychotic weather experience driving through there).

joanne brickey said...

great blessings/miracles! thanks for being worthy!

shoes, flowers, hair: all too cute for words! way to go!

thanks for all you do!!!

Wanna-be-Cowgirl (aka Emily) said...

I cannot believe your hair is so short now. Cr-A-zy! But I love it and glad you had fun on your trip!

Queen of Kings said...

Love the Hair! For real SO CUTE! and HILARIOUS conversation... I would take a good nights rest over a purse...wait a minute the purse will last longer... good thinking sister! LOVE YOU TO PIECES!