
in college, after I took my final in my Nutrition Food Science class yesterday. It's only 1020 class. It should be "easy".
I'm really bummed. I worked my bum off, literally and figuratively. I spent time on home work every day. Hours even, just for that class alone. I even went to the Academic Resource center to get help and tips on study and test taking habits. I felt like I did my very best possible. I had confidence in each test, but I failed them all. I did really well in my assignments though. I did practice quizzes all the time. I used the website for the book to do flashcards and other studying.
Still failed it. Miserably.
Because of my work schedule I didn't get to go to class much and you get points for being there. It's hard for me to understand how I could fail because of it, but I think it had a huge impact. I had a hard time understanding it all. I emailed my teacher and explained the circumstances. She said to .'..study hard, there's not much I can do for you if you don't come to class.' Thanks a LOT. She was really not a very good teacher. Really. But I didn't want that to make such a huge difference in my grade.
The class isn't just about food and eating right. It's a bunch of science and chemistry to it. If I don't pass this class, and don't get all the chemistry of it...how the blazes can I be a good nurse? How can I do well in college?
I have one more final tomorrow, which I wasn't nervous about before...but now I think I need to break some habits. Get some caffeine so I can pull an all-nighter.
Some really sweet friends said some nice things to me on Facebook, you guys are so great! Thank you!!
I'm still very discouraged. I feel like I'm not smart enough for school. I've always kinda known that for me to do well I can't do anything else but school. That's the only thing that's worked for me in the past. I have so much responsibilities right now, even if we don't have any little ones to take care of. And I still got an F. After all my hard work. And TONZ and TONZ of prayer. How could ever do this with kids? I don't hate myself. I just think this is beyond me. Not sure what else I could've done.
Stooge!
5 comments:
Steve can't pass Math 1050. He knows the stuff but I think he has testing anxiety, because it just doesn't show up in his tests. And I don't think he or you are dumb, just because you don't pass a class :D
Chin up :)
~C
You sound like you have worked really hard, and that is so impressive, and makes failing an even more bitter experience. Keep going, babe. Don't let this class define what you can or can't do. Don't let this one F blindside you from all the success you have had in the past and will have in the future.
Go knock 'em dead! I'm rooting for ya@
How frustrating. I would be discouraged too. You worked so so hard! I admire you for going to school. I'm a quitter. I wish I would have stayed in. Plus you went back, and that is an even harder thing to do. Your hard work will pay off I promise. you are amazing! -Danelle
I don't understand biology at all. I worked my butt of and ended up getting a D in the class. I tell you what, I was pretty happy to see that D. :0)
You did your best and really that's what counts. Some teachers aren't helpful at all. You can always go to ratemyprofessor.com and find the good teachers.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Sometimes it isn't you, it really is the teacher. BUT, there is a reason for this specific trial, Heavenly Father believes in you even when you don't. We all love you LOTS and you'll pass this class, we all know it. :)
Post a Comment