First of all, I want to talk about my Brother Sam/Elder Brickey!! He went to the MTC Wed. and his first few letters are really wonderful! He's the "baby" in the family and the last single missionary of all my sibs. WOW. Anyways, he's doing fabulous and really happy. I'm incredibly proud of him and all he pushed through to get where he is. GOOOO SAM!!! We had family stuff last weekend and it was great.
Now on to the tough part of my weekend. I have a really good reason I go into details about how sick I was at the end, so hang on people!
Then Sat. night I started feeling a cold coming on. My ears were killing, I was achey, I had a pretty high fever, my throat KILLED, I was dizzy, clammy, and just feeling yucky. I couldn't sleep cause I couldn't breathe well. Laying flat made me feel sicker. I did the whole propping up pillows, cough drops, pills for a sever cold and sleeping pills, herbal teas, and nice soft vicks tissues for my wittoe nose, none of which did much of anything. Even IB profen didn't work, which was a first for me. I still pushed myself hard last week because SO much was happening at schoolade and work, but I seriously couldn't work. I did come in one day, but I shouldn't have.
Finally I decide to go into the Instacare on Friday morning-ish (we don't have a FP Dr.) to see someone about a mess...ME! Well that's when I was told all the fun problems I was having.
"Just a virus right?" EEEEEEHH! WRONG. While my immune system was down with a cold strep came to get me, and then a flu strand snuck in after it. Sweet, just what I needed. Somewhere along the way my cold turned into a major sinus infection on top of all this. I guess there isn't a shot for a sinus infection, or at least they didn't think it was smart for me to have it and I agree, but there is one that will work for Strep. So, I got the shot, pain meds. to help me sleep, and anti-biotics.
Oh how I wish this was the end of the story but NO. Sorry to you and me.
After I get home, I do as directed. 2 lortabs every 6hrs for pain. This was so I can sleep. 2 amoxicillin antibiotics 3x a day for my infection. I figure I'll take them all at the same time. Even with taking the 2 lortabs I'm feeling the pain come back after a few hours but I don't care. I figure by Sunday I won't need the pain pills cuz I'll feel better so I try to get some sleep. Wake up, take my next dose, around 5:00p.m. Make dinner, veg for a bit, ya know try to get better. 11:00p.m. rolls around and I want to get to bed. I really haven't hardly slept. I take my next doses...Then I feel very weird. I feel hot and cold. I'm WAY WAY sicker than I was before. Emil says I'm turning gray. I had to really focus on breathing. If I didn't I noticed I was passing out because I wasn't breathing. I asked for a Priesthood Blessing. It helped me, but not the way I wanted. *Side note* Let me tell you something about myself. I HATE throwing up. I'd rather feel as sick as I have, get no sleep, and gain the 10lbs back that I lost from throwing up this weekend before I throw up EVER AGAIN. SERIOUSLY. I hate it more than anything else. But I'm also a whimp. I don't like being physically uncomfortable whatsoever. I'm such a dork and need to grow up! *End of side note*
This is where it gets kinda "graphic" so if you don't wanna read about throwing up, you better skip this paragraph. I ran to the toilet and puked. When I puke it's VERY violent. So violent it SCORCHES my throat and I burst blood vessels in my eyes every time. Several of them until some parts of my eye are BLOOD red. Not only that but after you have a child your bladder...well changes ;). For me, it's worth my sweet Angel so it's OK. Because of this even if I don't need to go #1 one BIT, I do when I throw up. Besides this, something else happened. I also bursted blood vessels in my throat. The outside of my throat began to rash. The more I threw up the darker it got. I eventually was a purple splotchy collection of burst vessels on my neck. Then I started throwing up blood. Not just a little bit but quite a bit. But I KNEW I needed to try and drink so that the next time I threw up it wouldn't hurt so much. Not even 2 mins after I started sipping on water I needed to puke again. But I held it in for an hour so that it wouldn't hurt so much. This continued each hour until 7a.m.
At this point, I'm so exhausted. I'm clammy and shaking uncontrollably. I'm very cold, but when I get warm I'm sweating and it's too hot. Laying down makes me sicker. But standing I feel good. I finally sat in the bathroom waiting to puke and nodded off about 5 mins at a time (I knew cuz Emil had to get up for work soon) and that was nice.
Emil has been up with me laying on the floor nodding off so he can get rest before a full days work. The dogs are snuggled with him and come lay by me each time I throw up. They were all so sweet to stay with me. No word/barking needed. Just being there with me. But I told him to climb into bed the last few hours so he can stay awake at work.
I weigh myself and I've lost 10lbs since Friday morning. WOW. Definitely NOT the way I wanted to lose weight! No way. I start to cry and continue my prayers for relief. I puke again and start to feel OK. Emil goes to work and I nibble on some bread and water. After 30 mins of not trowing up I lay down and stick a cough drop in my mouth and sleep for 2 hours.
I get up and notice I feel a bit better. I decide to take my antibiotics. This is about 10a.m. Then I feel REALLY sick again. I try to nibble on yogurt and Sprite. SPRITE! The first soda I've had in MONTHS. And it's the first thing that helps. But not for long. The puking starts up again...and again and again.
Finally Emil is home about 4:00p.m. He calls the Instacare, my voice is GONE cuz of all the intense vomiting, and they call in a anti-vomiting/nausea RX for me and say not to take the lortabs anymore. By this time both Emil and I think it was the lortabs that made me sick. I take a look and the mg in the pills and almost freak out!! The bottle says 500mg a PILL. I'd had 3,000mg of lortabs in less than 24hrs.!!!! Holy cow! What a blessing I did throw it up, even though it's made me sicker I needed it to get out of me body!
Through out this time of feeling so ill I thought of Jesus Christ. How he knew all that I was feeling. Not only did he feel that, but every other pain, sin and illness I've EVER felt. To really be thinking clearly about this when I couldn't even function in any other way was moving. I felt something new. Not only did he do this for me, but EVERYONE.
I began to cry for another reason. I was so thankful. I began a private prayer and thanks and gratitude for my Savior. I couldn't kneel without puking but in my own private way experienced something very beautiful in the midst of something difficult for me at that moment. Something I've had before, but not when I've been physically ill. I don't know that besides being pregnant, I've EVER felt this sick. Mind you, this was definitely not my first time OD'ing on something or feeling ill, so that's really saying something.
So I am thankful for Him. I just am. What a beautiful thing He has given me and every living creature. I'm constantly in awe.
Oh, and one more thing! On the plus side of this, I did my hair in a different way today and it's really cute. Yay!
4 comments:
You are such a great example of strength to me. I really hope you start feeling better soon! Congrats on your weight loss! I have started the lifestyle change myself and it's so hard!
All I can say is WOW!! I love you guys and miss you CRAZY!!! You're amazing.
What horribly beautiful experience! I really hope you get all the way well really soon! No more lortab for you!
Oh my Heavens I am so sorry you had to be so sick! I am with you sister I would rather die than throw up I HATE it worse than anything else so I am very very sorry! I understand the hating part but going what you have been thru its awful and I am sorry! I love gratitude moments in the midst of hard things you're amazing! I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment