3.01.2010

The Concert

As part of my creative arts class we are required to go to "events/concerts/plays/etc." and write a paper about it to get credit. I'm really enjoying it a lot! Emil has come to a few things, but missed out on this one. This is Eileen Ivers. I just got back from her concert and I'm about to start some more home work in other classes. But I wanted to share her with you a bit, I really hope you like it and take 10 mins to check this out. They really respect their history and lives of their ancestors, as I suspect you do too.

She has plenty more videos of her music on youtube, but this is one that they did tonight. It really was AMAZING! She rocks! The band came to our class this morning too and talked about the instruments they play. They are a really unique band! There's a ALL KINDS of drums player, the much needed bass and guitar players and then a guy on the accordion! HA! Then of course, this amazing lady, who I met and seems pretty cool, playing the violin/fiddle. Here's two vids of her music, really fun stuff! p.s. I thought you might like this DAD!! I SO wish we could have gone togeth! It made me miss you.


Now, back to the books! I've got midterms this week, wish me luck and a new brain, I've almost fried the one I've got!! :)

1 comment:

joanne brickey said...

I forgot to tell you earlier: I so enjoy this! Pure, clean, fun, & vigorous entertainment! I so wanted Isabelle to be able to do the Irish dancing taught by her ballet teacher in Orem. I felt that since I traded work for her lessons, it would be awesome, free therapy! Great way to burn calories too!