Have you been somewhere in your life and feel stuck there? Not much progression? Both Emil and I have been doing well and have been happy AND stuck. We've spent countless hours discussing, working out our situation, and praying. We've had peace about that process to seeking answers, but no answers have come. A few months ago as we were discussing our future yet again, stress overwhelmed me. A Priesthood Blessing later, peace resumed, but it was different. Things had changed. Choices we made were no longer the right ones to make yet. No matter how any of us make our decisions about our future, things change don't they? For Emil and I, we've learned that when we involve God, we still have direction in these times. That is what works for us.
Recently I have been reading about a prophet in The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ, by the name of Nephi. Nephi was asked to do so many difficult things. Things I'm not even sure I would've done to be honest. He's a great example to me. He was the son of a man named Lehi, who was peculiar to his time. Lehi is also a great example to me. People did not like or accept Lehi. They even tried to kill him. Like most families, not all of his children got along and argued. After a dream, Lehi was guided to peace (as Emil and I have been) and he knew what he had to do. Leave. Leave home, belongings, extended family, and the comforts of what they had built up in their lives. The family was divided in this decision throughout the entire journey. Can you imagine making such a difficult decision?! But where they were headed was even more trying. The desert or wilderness was a place they would have to live for a long time and try to survive until they reached something better. Something they just had a faith and hope that even existed. There is so much more to this family's journey. They had heart ache, starvation at times, and tribulations of every kind. This also made most of the family stronger. But not everyone. We all have a choice, as did they, to allow difficulty to change us for good or bad. A choice to look forward to something even better than what they left behind.
This journey has reminded me of other family members I have that have had to pick up and leave things behind. Things that are good and make them happy, to a place they only have a faith and hope that exists. Others did NOT understand it. But they needed to do it. I love you (you know who you are!). I admire that. I've thought of you so much since you moved and I miss you. You've come to my mind again as I've been reading about Lehi's family.
Have you ever read something that you just feel truly applies to you? That maybe answers the search you've been on? I'm having an experience while reading this time, that I haven't before. Something is different. It's changing me once again, but in a new way.
Emil and I have felt much like we are in a wilderness. Again, happy but stuck. Stuck somewhere we didn't expect. We've had tribulations, heart ache, and growth in this wilderness. We've had experiences once in a while that make it worth going on and continuing our journey. We've been waiting. Waiting for something we want now, for something better later. We have a LIST of things that apply to this. Reading about Lehi and his family has brought us inward to our own situation. It has helped us answer questions we've been asking for more than a year now. It came in a very simple way. It feels as though a great weight has lifted off our shoulders!
I'm so thankful for the sacrifice that has been given for The Book of Mormon to be in our home today. It has come to our aid many many times before and during our marriage. IF you desire this peace, I know that you will find it within those pages.
It's been a wonderful breakthrough for us.
3 comments:
Caroline, thanks for your testimony. I love how the scriptures can be so direct at times and that they will always apply to us in some way. We too have felt like we were stuck and that it was time to make a change that took great courage--because well, it just took faith, but also because we were leaving people and places behind when we were perfectly content. Continue to seek the Lord. I know that you will get your answers. With time, He will continue to heal your heart, and when the time it right, He will reveal to you those things that you desire so much. I love you.
Beautifully written. Absolutely beautiful. I hope your decisions continue to lead you to peace.
Such a nice post! I love the Book of Mormon too! I was talking to my mother in law about you two and all the faith that you show. I know I haven't seen you in years... but I still love ya!
Post a Comment