Forgiving, loving, weeping, breathing...that's how we keep on living. ~LOVE-aki Inc.
10.14.2008
Prop 8
I don't do this very often; Caroline usually updates the blog for us and I am so appreciative of her doing that. With that said, I felt compelled to post this clip. I feel that this clip is HIGHLY important and for all to hear and learn from. I really like how it is mentioned that the definition of tolerance has changed to mean "acceptance of wrongful behavior at the price of friendship." Anyways, I hope this works and I hope this helps everyone know where we should stand regarding this issue.
http://www.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/media/mediaplayer.swf?media=http://broadcast.lds.org/newsroom/video/flv/California_Broadcast_8Oct08.flv&type=FLV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Thank you for sharing that video with me. It was exactly what I needed to hear.
I am so grateful to be a part of a church that can truly say "Love the sinner, not the sin" and mean it.
I am close to some who struggle with same-sex attraction. Some have acted in their temptations. Others have withheld, though it is hard. And the remainder are sitting on the fence trying to figure out what they feel, who they are, how they should act, etc.
It is important to me that we treat these people like people, not animals. They are sons and daughters of God. They are still people with feelings, goals, potential, and standards. They're trials in this life are different than mine. I feel for them. I pray for them. I LOVE THEM.
Thank you for sharing the message of where you stand in a dignified and loving way.
With the opportunity to vote I truly hope we will stand for what God deems a "family" and do so in a loving, uplifting, hope-filled way in regards those who have desires other than that.
Love,
Addy
(Ashley's twin, Mercydez's Aunt)
Thanks for sharing this video. I have had several friends confront me about this issue over the past few weeks. Comments like, "Homosexuality is not a choice; they're born that way." have been made to me. Like the other person commented, we love the sinner, not the sin. I don't know what it's like to have a temptation like that and I'm grateful that I don't. However, as members of the church we do have to take a stand to protect the family institution, consisting of a man and a woman. Thanks again for sharing this.
Caroline thanks for finding me...its funny because for some reason I was just thinking about you a couple days ago and wondering what ever happened to you! So thanks for commenting on my blog!
Hold up... so you post this video but on facebook you joined a group that says no on prop 8... I am confused...
Thanks for posting that. By the way, Caroline, I tagged you!! Check it out!
OK, seriously I watched the video like 3 times and I was like, I swear they are saying to vote yes but then four friends on facebook joined the group to vote no and so I was totally confused :)
Caroline, I don't know if you are ready for this yet, but I came across a really amazing website. Go to my blog: http://ryanandkeriallred.blogspot.com. Click on Max and Maria Jenkins. Then on the right side of her blog, click on Bring the Rain. Start from the beginning. It will give you a good cry, but you will feel the spirit too. And you will find another amazing, kindred spirit who can relate to you. I love you and have been thinking about you. I hope you're having a great day.
It is pretty important that the word gets out and the folks in Cali truly understand what prop 8 is... If passed it would change generations to come, in a SAD, SAD way... Thanks for sharing...
Thanks for the comment. You're totally right. With what is going on in our country right now, we really should be supportive and caring towards each other, regardless of our political views. :)
And I honestly expected no one to comment, lol. So thanks for that. ;)
Post a Comment