11.03.2009

Tears

I miss Naimah a LOT today. I miss this...

I ache do to this again.

I would LOVE to see these two with each other..she sucked Emil's lip a lot haha!

The tears are just flowing today. I am home doing homework trying so hard to focus. But here I am.

I want to THANK YOU. ALL my wonderful friends and family, and passerbys, for your kind words and support. Each time I post about my baby girl, I get a comment or 7 ;) that really encourage me and lift me up. I feel so blessed! So incredibly blessed to have people around me that care and pray for me still!

You may already know this but, please keep in mind that my sorrow does NOT mean I have lost faith. I hope that you don't misunderstand these posts of pain and sorrow and think that I need to just get over it or that we should be ready for more children by now, or something like that. I hope that you know I am happy. I hope that you see I am LIVING. I'm putting this out there because I have been told this and many other hurtful things by those who care very much for me, but it does not help me. Maybe it helps others, but I am not among them. It makes me feel alone. It makes me feel that even those that love me very much have forgotten that I am a slow healer. I may not cry everyday as I did once, but my heart is the same heart that watched my first child die in my arms. It was more than very painful. It broke my heart. My heart is still mending, 2 years later. Because of my Faith in what life is yet to come, and my Redeemer, I also felt great joy that will last my whole life. I don't think I will ever stop writing about my little Naiya. Ever. I will always be remembering.

I also remember the Angel's near us at that time, AND since. The way it felt to be surrounded by them! It was immaculate. I know that a beautiful day will come. It seems far, but not so far. I do not dwell on that day, but I chose to live in each day as it is given to me. I look forward to that day as I make different choices now, waiting for something better later.

One of those choices happened on August 9th 2007. We were asked by the doctors to make the choice of leaving Naimah on or taking her off life support. Because of the circumstances there was little time to decide. We didn't want to make that choice. We just broke down and wept. Wept profusely. We couldn't think. We got on our knees and wept more. No words came. Finally we muttered a few things and got up from our knees. As we looked at each other, we both felt Naimah. We knew what it was she wanted. We didn't feel we could bare it, but we felt a simple smile from our baby...who now seemed to be the grown up. And we listened. Finding her in her little bed in the early hours the day before seemed so unreal, it still does. We just couldn't believe it but we did the best we could with what we had, and still do.

I will have many more tearful days. Tears for Naimah, tears for myself. Tears for friends, family, AND strangers. Tears that, I have EXPERIENCED, can ONLY be wiped away by the very hand that was pierced for me. For all of us.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

No words seem adequate. Just know that we LOVE you!!!



<3 Kamie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not listening to those hurtful comments. I love your entries about Naimah. They are needed. They help others.

People try to be kind, but what they say doesn't always turn out that way. I am glad that there will always be a space on your blog for Naimah. Because she is always a member of your eternal family, whether she is physically here with you or not. She has a space in your heart that won't and can't be replaced by another child, no matter how many you may have.

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil."

Unknown said...

Love you !!

Anne said...

I love you! What a beautifully written post. You really are my hero you know. I think that the next time someone says something thoughtless or hurtful to you, you should just punch them, like Bill Murray does in Groundhog Day. "Ned!!" Big hug from the other side of the Pacific!

Our Crazy Family said...

You are much loved dear friend. I hope you know that. I had no idea you were missing her so much yesterday. Tears are good. You are a strong woman. You have been a huge example to me as I have been dealing with things that have happened this last month. Your faith and love has always inspired me. You my dear friend are a great example. I hope you know that.

Love you

Cynthia

Travis and Celena said...

Hugging you from a far. We love you and are here for you always. Take your time and remember that it is ok to cry. I still cry for my mom at times and she passed away 5 years ago. It is ok to miss her and to cry for her. Don't let anyone tell you other wise. I love you tons Caroline!

Ashlee said...

Thank you for this post. What a sweet little angel she is! I love the quote from Joseph Smith that talks about the little ones who were "too pure, too lovely to live on this Earth." Hearing you talk about what it was like to decide to let her go made me think of that. She was obviously incredibly special. I am so glad to know that you will have her again. I'm also very sorry that people have mistakenly said things that have hurt you. Perhaps they haven't yet lost someone close to them. When you talked about what your grieving process has been like I think I understand what you mean. I don't ever want to stop crying and feeling the pain of losing my mom. It reminds me how much I love her. If we didn't love we wouldn't mourn. Sometimes you just have to have a good cry about it. I get that. Thank you for continuing to share. You and Emil will be in my heart and prayers tonight :)

Semi Granola Mom said...

Nothing but prayers and hugs from our end :)

~C

Queen of Kings said...

Caroline,
What a POWERFUL, INSPIRING, and TOUCHING post! I LOVE YOU!! My heart aches for you as I know what you are going thru. The tears should not stop and don't ever need to. I don't even know your little girl but I gain comfort in knowing that my little boy has a friend who is waiting for their Mommy too. You are AMAZING and have been such a HUGE BLESSING in my life as we suffer for the same reasons. There is nothing like having to make the decision to take your child off life support and NO ONE can say they even close to understand until they have walked in your shoes. You know what is BEST for you and your wondeful husband and beautiful daughter. Others think they know and think you should move on they mean well but have never tasted of loss such as you have. You are absolutly where you should be and don't let others tell you any different you cry if you need to or just want to I know that God gave us tender hearts for a reason and your faith strengthens so many!
Thank YOU for sharing your love and your heartache! You are AMAZING! Never stop loving the way you do!
Love You Sister!
Thank You again for this Beautiful Post!
Janet

Deb and Stan said...

Seriously, you should compile all these amazing thoughts into a scrapbook. You are such an inspiration! Thank you for being willing to share. Most people aren't.

My niece had this attitude..."Even though we are hurting beyond what we think we can bear, I know Preslie is in Heaven holding hands with our future children, telling them all about us."

You need to know that even if we've only met once, I admire your faith and strength.

Kiss Moxy for me!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Caroline, thank you for bringing such a sweet, pure, beautiful little angel into my life. I have missed her dearly. I think about her every day and wonder... I love you both and I look forward to the day when we will reunit with our darling Naimah Ailine.

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Caroline,
I'm sorry I haven't comment until now. I have thought about you so much. I feel like we truly are "bosom friends". I know what you mean... still crying for your baby. Crying for yourself. Crying for what SHOULD have been. Crying for all the wrongs that should be made into RIGHTS. It's so hard. It makes each moment bitter and sweet.

You express it perfectly. I, too, ache. We are sisters in our pain. It's so unfortunate. But, I'm grateful for you and your friendship. I'm grateful you speak the same language.

People say hurtful things. People do hurtful things. It's so hard because, I know they mean well. But... it still hurts. Good intentions don't take away the battle wounds.

You are amazing. And, although this comment comes long after you have expressed your deepest feelings, know that I am thinking of you, today and always.

Your friend forever,
Ashley

Brooke said...

I don't think the point is to forget her, she was a major part of your life, one that could never be forgotten. I think people heal differently and you are doing it your own way and that is nothing to be ashamed about. There is a great photographer in Austrailia who also lost a child a couple of years ago, she talks about it and her a lot. Her name is Sheye Rosemeyer and her blog is http://www.sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog/ You should check it out, I hope this helps. Let me know what you think.