Forgiving, loving, weeping, breathing...that's how we keep on living. ~LOVE-aki Inc.
9.06.2009
The last bit...
So Emil and I celebrated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary on Aug. 16. A few weeks before that, we talked about what we might do. We couldn't think of much...but I did tell Emil to just think of something that we could do to get away for a bit. I told him how much I like surprises and and he offered to do the planning. We wanted to celebrate it instead of be at home--since that day is also a VERY difficult reminder of burying Naimah... So on the 15th, Emil called me from work and said to pack an overnight bag and that he'd taken care of dinner. I LOVE surprises, as he well knows, so I was all giddy the rest of the day. We went to eat at La Nonne, the best ever Italian food I've EVER had!!! We ate outside under trees and the sun setting...very romantic. =) Afterwords we took a walk. The weather was perfect and soon we wanted to stop somewhere for a bit. We tried to find a place that was open and I noticed this renovated home that looked opened. As we got closer I noticed that lots of people were showing up to this place and it looked like a reception...Emil just said to not worry about it cause we'd be in and leave before anyone knew. The sign in front said it was a Mansion built in 1899. I'm intrigued my older homes, and just kept looking around..then Emil was no longer in front of me. So as I was trying to catch up I saw him enter a room and as I got closer this is what I saw... Turns out, it's this beautiful Bed & Breakfast, and holds other events, called the Rider Mansion. They made and brought us breakfast in the morning... We took a walk around in the morning... We got back from a trip from Yellowstone last week and really had a great time with our friends. Here's a peek...
On the way home I got pulled over for speeding...we were SO nervous! Basically, b/c of my speeding in the past and an accident our car insurance would've DROPPED if we got another ticket. Emil and I were prayin' hard...the cop was cool but still left me not knowing what he was going to do. He did the ticket electronically so didn't know what to expect. He said that we would need to call to find out how much it would cost. I HATE getting pulled over so I was all shook up cause I thought our car insurance days were OVER! Well...we found out there is was NO ticket issued!!! We called and it was only a warning...YAY!!!
School is going well, but our lives are even more busy than before and we don't see each other much. We are excited for our future! I want to have an education and it's going to be a very good thing for us. I don't know when I will have time to update this thing-ama-jig but I'll do what I can. Ciao for now!
What a great little surprise! Go Emil! Sounds like you had a great 3rd. Everyone needs to get away for a while, it recharges your batteries and with as much as you two have going on you need it!
Thanks for the little note on my blog. I am sorry to hear that pregnancy was so hard on you. Some women just get the short end of the stick. I hope I'm not miserable the whole time.. I had a really hard 6 days and almost didn't make it through that. I don't know what i'd do if it were a full 9 months! You're a strong woman!
4 comments:
so much fun! i am glad Emil is taking good care of you. I really wish I could come be with you on your birthday!! I love you!
That's awesome! I'm so glad you had a great time. Emil is a hero. Luckys! I want to go to Yellowstone :(
What a great little surprise! Go Emil! Sounds like you had a great 3rd. Everyone needs to get away for a while, it recharges your batteries and with as much as you two have going on you need it!
Thanks for the little note on my blog. I am sorry to hear that pregnancy was so hard on you. Some women just get the short end of the stick. I hope I'm not miserable the whole time.. I had a really hard 6 days and almost didn't make it through that. I don't know what i'd do if it were a full 9 months! You're a strong woman!
Sounds like Emil knows how to make a day special! congratulations on 3 years!
Post a Comment