9.09.2008

The Derb, the walk, and the piano


Nic, Ashley, and Mercydez Haws are in this picture. I have actually known Ashley since Elementary school but only until this year did we become close. We have all watched and talked with each other grow through great struggles in our lives. Mercydez has a Congenital Heart Disease. This sweet family is in a support group for other families that are dealing with, or have delt with, varies types of CHD. Sept. 6, they held a Fun run/walk to show support to this group and the families a part of it. I decided that I would make the trip just for this because I really do love them so much and I wanted to support this group who has done so much for them. I look up to this family so MUCH and can see the joy they have because they listen. I admire all that they have done for Mercydez, and how much patience Mercydez has had with her short yet challenging life. She is the ONLY baby I have even touched since Naimah has passed away...she moves me and I really love her.

So on the Wed. before this Fun run/walk, Emil and I drove to the UC (A.K.A. Utah County) after I worked half a day. We spent time with family, and spontaneously made arrangements to "hold" my parents electric piano until they can transport it home. I was planning to come back to Utah County for the run/walk and it worked out well for us to trade cars for a few days. YAY!! We can actually sing with a piano and use our talent!

So, I took a picture of a wasps nest that is in the door of my parents truck..how the heck?...

So after the support walk, I got home and took care of some things before we went to the DEMOLITION DERBY. Which was...SAWEET!.. We went with some friends, among them being Joe and Angela. We spend time with them about every weekend and it's just FunZA! The Derb was so entertaining that and I think I am going to enter it next season... ;)


This is Angela This is a crazy crash This is...well, you decide

On Sunday we had dinner with them and played Killer Bunnies. If you don't know what that card game is, you MUST! It's a blast. That evening we started packing and getting things ready for our trip to CA. We did that some more onm Monday. Today I went to the Chiro and learned that one of my legs is slightly longer the the left...hmm. Since I have been going, I have become about 1/2 inch taller..and counting! I have also been able to get some ribs that were out of place, back in place and really am being blessed from going.

We leave Tomorrow morning!! We are SO excited! We will make sure to post pics and share all the goodies when we get back.

3 comments:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

I hope you guys have a great time in Cali!!! Enjoy EVERY MINUTE! You'll have to teach us that bunny card game...???? Sounds pretty darn interesting. :) You guys are amazing! Love ya!

Danelle and Alex said...

Chiropractors are the best! I am glad you have a good one too! And have fun on your trip!

Joe and Angela said...

have a safe and fun trip!