We are doing well and have been very busy!! :) We have had a difficult week but wanted to share it. We are still happy and just VERY grateful for our blessings!
We've been thinking about those that we love so much. We've had 2 losses within our families this past week. A stillborn baby boy and an Auntie... Our own daughter passed away on the 10th of this month last year and so much of that time has found it's way back into our minds and hearts. We have been remembering her as we have shed tears for her and our family members at this time.
But we have hope even in this heart ache. We feel joy even though at times it seems we have been robbed of it. The painting in this picture is one my brother did. It is a depiction of the Mother Mary holding the Christ Child. It is titled Hope. We have this in our home above a mantel.
This mantel holds pictures and depictions of our own hope. On it is a little saying, "When you have someone you love in Heaven, You have a little bit of Heaven in your home." We are reminded that we may again have our arms around Naimah. That my cousin that lost her baby will too. That our Auntie will be held and hold her family once again.
We are thankful to have this Hope. But it becomes much more to us as we continue to learn about our Savior, Jesus Christ. It becomes knowledge, even unwavering.
He has made possible all that we hold dear. He has brought meaning to our marriage and love for another. He weeps with us because we ache for our own arms to be filled with Naimah's little hands and feet. He gave His own hands and feet to a cross that seemed to have Him bound. But He was loosed on the third day. He fulfills that Hope and gives us the knowledge of what may lie beyond for us. Oh how we love Him! Our goal is to reunite with not only Naimah, and our other loved ones beyond the grave, but to be embraced with His hands that gives us this very Hope.
10 comments:
What a very warming post you put on! I thought it was funny of how your dog gone mad with the vacuum...haha!! That was hilarious! Hope to still see you soon!! :D
Thanks for sharing the video of Naimah.
See you tonight. I hope you're ready for us to kill all your bunnies!
Caroline, I'm so sorry you and your husband have had such a hard week. I can't even imagine the heartache you all must be feeling. You have a beautiful testimony and a beautiful attitude. Having the truth doesn't make things easier, but it helps you carry the burden. I'm so sorry your week has been less than ideal. You never cease to amaze me.
By the way, your doggy, Kingston, is soooooo cute! I was laughing my head off!
Oh EMIL!!! This is Ashlee! I was so happy when I saw you left a comment on my blog! Thank you so much for your beautiful testimonies. I have been reading your blog today and have felt so uplifted. That video of your angel is so precious. What priceless pictures. I didn't get a chance to meet her so I loved seeing all of that. Tons of love and well wishes from me... ashlee
ps- would you mind if I put you on my family and friends list on my blog?
Caroline, wow. What powerful testimonies you both have. Each time I look at your blog or read an email from you, I can just feel it. It strengthens mine. I don't know how you live each day, but I know that you're winning the fight. Heavenly Father wants you to be happy and He will let you see your little girl again. I'm so grateful for that knowledge. You are such an amazing woman and mother. And I'm so grateful that we came into contact with you. I have so much love for your family and your little Naimah, even though I really didn't get to know you until shortly before we left. I hope you know we pray for you and send our support. Hang in there. I know Emil will be wonderful with his new calling, and I know that Heavenly Father will continue to bless you as you guys continue to be righteous and faithful. You're the best.
I love the video of Naimah. I wasn't ever able to meet your sweet angel. What a special little spirit. I love your sign though. I want one for my home.
What a bummer about you guys not kickin' it over here. But I TOTALLY understand, especially since the gas alone would probably pay for your hotel. Come on over on Wednesday. Plan on having dinner here, we are having the missionaries from our ward over as well. Take care and get HAPPY for WICKED!!! Totally worth the trip and experience.
LOVE YOU TWO!!!
My blogspot url is:
laurel1jazzfan-laurel.blogspot.com
Love you guys!!! Thanks for the updates!!
That was beautiful. Your little girl is so beautiful. Interesting enough, my husband and I were married the same day your little girl passed. I'm so sorry that you had to endure such heartache.
Post a Comment