3.15.2009

Great Loss...

The moment captured here is one of healing. Mercydez connected parts of my heart that I thought would always hurt because of the loss of Naimah. But my loss was Heaven's gain. Now Heaven has finally gained Mercydez and it is a great loss and heart ache for Ashley, Nic, Addy, Travis...and their whole family.



Mercydez was the reason I returned to Primary Children's on the 6 month anniversary (exactly) of Naimah's passing. My heart has healed because of my Savior. And He blessed me so that I could be a part of Mercydez's life. Since holding her, my fear of babies has lessened GREATLY. She is the first little one I've held since Naimah's passing. I still am working on getting to the point where I can hold a baby under the age of 4 months, but I will one day :). She didn't say a word, but I was changed.



I will miss her! I am greatly effected by this incredible life and devastating loss..my eyes are still burning from tears...



Our smiles here are genuine. We have the truth. Our daughters are ALIVE. They will be reunited with us IF we do our part. Our daughters have connected us in a way that man cannot break. We have the Truth. What a blessing. We will keep going, and endure it well. We will be "better not bitter".

I love you Ashely, Nic..Addy & Travis.. What a great loss, Emil and I know too well. My eyes burn from tears because I sincerely care. They burn for sorrow and joy. It's amazing how you can feel such intense sorrow and joy all at once! Thank you for being a beautiful example to Emil and I. You are TRUE friends to us.

I know The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints is here again on the earth, as it was in the days of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. I know that Christ LIVES and watches us always. I know that the Prophet Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith's name is both good and evil spoken of because of his courage to stay True. I know that the sacredness of the Temple is real and that families REALLY CAN be together FOREVER in that Celestial place. I know President Thomas S. Monson is a TRUE and LIVING Prophet on earth today. How blessed I am to know these simple truths. I am thankful to have a husband who does too. I am thankful I am not alone and that many who will read this feel this knowledge as well. I end it simply in the name of JESUS CHRIST, Amen.

10 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm really sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing your experiences, I know it must be very difficult.

joanne brickey said...

You influence so many with such a variety of feelings, beliefs, and experiences. But who among us many friends cannot know for sure of your sincerity & affection? Not one. Thank you for who you are.

ma'elePHOTO said...

Thank you for this post Caroline. It brought me to tears because I too understand what it means to loose someone SO dear and to ache for them to be physically present. I'm the one that aches to be held by my mother. I'm the one that wants her there when I have my children. I understand. Gratefully we UNDERSTAND the plan and know of His truth. What a blessing. One day we will understand the reasons behind all the heartache that we feel. One day we will be together. For that day, I pray... and continue to do MY part.

Thank you for this beautiful testimony. Love your sweet family!!!

Rach Romney said...

Your and Emil are such strong and AMAZING people! Thank you so much for sharing your testimony!

Travis & Adrienne said...

we love you Caroline!! we love you Emil!

Addy

The Woodwards said...

I'm sure you can offer much understanding and sympathy to those who go through similar situations as you and Emil did. I'm sorry for their loss.

Kimber Uluave said...

I am so proud of you! I know this must have been so hard, but it looks like it was so rewarding. You're a strong person and I know the blessing of you being there for your friend was a strength that will last forever.

Proctor's said...

Caroline!
Thank you so much for your testimony! Your blog is so uplifting and helps me put my balances in check! I have a lot to work on, but your pure and simple testimony helps me remember how much I need the Atonement in my everyday life! I sure love you!
Kerianda

Danelle and Alex said...

I am crazy and lost your blog for a little while. I forgot to change it when you changed the address. I just read through and caught up. You guys really are so amazing I look up to you tons! And you friends are amazing too. That is so sweet that you can be there for each other!

Ryan & Keri said...

Thank you for your beautiful and eloquent testimony. Thanks for your strength. I'm so glad you have Mercydez's family. How blessed that your daughters can be together with each other and Heavenly Father. You know that Naimah was one to welcome this sweet angelic, baby girl home. And you know that our Heavenly Mother is taking special, special care of these sweet, precious sisters. I love you, Caroline. Our prayers are with you and this sweet family.