6.26.2009

And scene


I've become some what of a book worm lately. But I haven't found much time to just sit and read. So then I figured I could just listen to books on our iPod. I started with Harry Potter, I've never read the books. Emil and I started out listening together...but I couldn't wait so I kept going w/o him. Am I mean or what? We started with The Half Blood Prince..but soon I was finished and moving on to the Deathly Hallows. Before I knew it, I had listened to them all TWICE! Um, wow. I really enjoyed it! It's amazing how she kept things tied together, and how there is SO much information to pay attention to! Everything ties in, and I just couldn't stop listening to book after book. I got WAY more out of it than I was expecting. I'm glad I got into now tho, since there's no more waiting for other books. One of the KEY reasons the book on iPod was SO incredible was because of JIM DALE!!! um WOW!! If you click the link, you can learn more about his outstanding talent! As per the New Yorker: "For his work on the “Harry Potter” series, Mr. Dale has won a Grammy Award and holds the record for creating the most voices in an audiobook in the Guinness Book of World Records." He's done over 200 different voices for the books! One book had over 100...AMAZING. Seriously, read about him!! I'm excited to see how The Half Blood Prince turns out and can officially say: I am a Harry Potter fan!

We are going to be gone visiting family for July 4th weekend. What a wonderful time of year it is to remember all that brings us together INSTEAD of what sets us apart. What sets us apart is also a wonderful thing about living in America, that we are all SO different. Regardless, we are FREE, paid for by blood and sorrow. I am THANKFUL for that! I am proud to be an American, proud to know some who fight for our freedoms, and proud to have the opportunity to be among the armed forces in the next few years. What a BEAUTIFUL thing it is to have freedom. What a powerful concept we all, at one time or another, take for granted...something I'm definitely guilty of.

2 comments:

Coley said...

I am glad you are a Harry Potter fan! They are the best!

Danelle and Alex said...

We have been listening to the CD's too. I have read all the books before and have been trying to talk Alex into them but it wasn't until we went out of town that he suggested listening to them and now he is hooked. They are amazing huh!