
Speaking of Kingston... He is still learning different tricks and is lots of fun! We treat him just as he is; part of our little family. I know, I know. It leans on the spoiled side, we KNOW. But he really is part of our family. In turn, he has learned to obey, and he really does a good job with that. Which makes it easy to praise him. We've noticed that he response best to praise. Sounds like a child, doesn't it? He really is like a little boy sometimes. He has been with us through all lot of joy, pain, laughter, tears, and fun! We knew he was suppose to be apart of our family when we got him, and feel he is a great blessing from Heavenly Father. He just knew that we would need a little guy to love. Emil and I both know that Kingston has help fill a void in our lives while we continue to heal from Naimah's passing. Can you believe that it has almost been year since she passed? WOW.
Speaking of Her... August 10, 2006 Emil and I received our Endowments in the Temple together. A year to the day, Naimah passed away. The night before we got married we had our reception, August 15, 2006. At which, the rain came down all around us, but didn't interrupt our day. A year to the day, we were standing in another line. But this time it was the line for our baby's viewing. It also rained that day. August 16, 2006 we were married. A year to the day, we held our first baby's funeral. This will be our 2 year anniversary of marriage, and 1 year anniversary of losing Naimah. We don't know what it will be like... But we do know the Heavenly Father loves us very much and has not forgotten us. We feel that she has been given the task to watch over us and we've seen, heard, and felt those blessings this year! We have a gift in Her. Something we wouldn't given ourselves given the choice, but something that we needed. We do not doubt Our Father nor His mysteries. He cannot make mistakes. He knows what we need. Emil and I had already chosen Him long before we even met. Long before we were born. As President Monson has said, "First you chose your love, then you love your choice." We know that to be true and want to follow. As far as it pertains to marriage, I'm loving my choice every day!
Speaking of Emil... He has been continuing his online courses through the summer. He has been taking STATS and Calc.! He is actually really enjoying his STATS class and his instructor has been very organized making a positive difference in his studies. He is also doing well with his Calculus class, but while good, the instructor for this course hasn't been as organized. We also have trouble with our internet at home, which is where Emil prefers to study, and that adds to the stress. But, we can't complain! We can definitely see the Lord's Hand in it all. Emil is able to preform at work after little, or no sleep the night before, and also help me with tasks at home. Somehow we have still found time for each other and enjoy the studying of all things spiritual. Emil is working hard to get in to the Business program at USU and he hopes to graduate by Christmas of 2009. About this time, he hopes to join the armed forces in the medical side of things. We are leaning toward the Air Force. besides the fact that they will pay for our schooling, there is a list of requirements we will need to fill. So we have goals to reach by then! He is still planning on dental school after that, which will mean that he will be taking his pre-requirements for the program until about Spring of 2011. From there we hope to get into a dental school and that program is 3 yrs. SO! We'll just see how much of that plan will actually pan out!
As for me? Well, I'm pretty much boring. I work, go home, make dinner for us and quite often, other people in our ward, clean, play with Kingston, take care of things at home, and cRaSh!..around midnight! We still have 3 cats that we love and I do what I can do give them attention too. They are pretty independent, but if I'm home the gathering of animals begins!I also have been donating plasma for money. Slowly, Emil and I have been getting into shape and changing some habits. But SLOWLY is the key word here. We think it's best and more livable that way.

Abby and Isabelle, separate weekends, have both had a chance to have a sleep over at our place. Abby and I enjoy many activities. Boy did we have fun! She kept me going, going, going, until she left. I was pretty much GONE after that and needed to recover. Then, this past week Isabelle, whom I call Zub, stayed over. Her and I did a lot of coloring, swimming, etc. and so on. We really had a good time and just loved it! Again, I needed some recovery time but it was all worth it. Emil said to me, after each of these "events", "I'm sure glad to have you back." I smiled and said, "I missed you too...but it's not gonna be much different as more children join the family. DATE NIGHT is a must!"
2 comments:
Hi guys!! Just wanted to send you our love as we are thinking about you guys this week! I love your blog!! It's fun to catch up so quickly!!! Love you guys tons!
I am so jelous that you get to go see Wicked!!! Good for you guys! I'm so happy you guys get to go and enjoy yourselves!
I have been thinking of you. My heart is with you during these hard times. I am constantly thinking about you and your hubby. I hope you are both healing. Of course, you will never forget your angel. But, I hope that your hearts won't be hurting so deeply.
We love you guys!
Love,
Nic & Ashley Haws
Post a Comment